1. How did you start in the industry?
When I was 15 years old, I wanted to work and learn at a salon, and so i went searching for the salon to get my start. One of the first salons that I've approached invited me for an interview. And up until today, that's how I have enrolled in the industry.
2. What advice would you give to new stylists or stylists, who aspire to be where you are today?
I always keep an eye open for new innovations and techniques if it comes down to coloring and cutting-techniques. From my own experience, I have learned to look at my own talents and make them my personal specialty.
3. What are your specialties?
My specialties are to cut and color long hair. I am also very good in cutting different types of fringe/bangs.
4. What's your favorite color trend/technique of the moment?
I love the natural look with different shades of color and depths like a Balayage, Highlights, or Baby lights.
5. What's the biggest challenge with color?
I love to take any challenge, but a full bleach from dark (red) brown hair to a fully blonde is a real challenge that takes time and patience.
6. What's the most important thing about hair color?
I would say skin tone is essential because the hair should match the face. Therefore, I always try to look out for warm or cold shades that match my client's skin tone.
7. How do you find inspiration today?
I get my inspiration from magazines and social media. At work, I'd get inspired by my clients. I love to see what type of person my client is.
8. What products can we always find in your kit?
Keune Vital Nutrition leave-in spray and Keune Freestyle spray for finishing every hairstyle.