1. How did you get your start in the industry?
I've been working with hair since my childhood, it's my biggest passion. At the age of 18, Estella co owner of the building called my school if I wanted to do an internship at The Building, now 5 years later I am a salon manager & color specialist.
2. What advice would you give to new stylists or stylists who aspire to be where you are today?
It sounds very cliché but follow your heart and do what makes you happy. I knew from the start of hairdressing training that color is my thing, I put all the effort and energy into the color theory and wanted to know everything about it and tryed almost everything out.
3. What inspired you to become a colorist?
The combination of the challenge & the creativity. The challenge is to constantly surprise and make my clients happy.
4. What are your specialties?
My specialty is to include every detail for the perfectly fitting color for my client.
5. What is your favorite color trend / technique of the moment?
Technique: foilayge (sunkissed balayage) shadow roots (blended roots)
Colored hair that looks natural
Faded pastels / Creamy Shades (Blondes) / Smokey Shades (Browns)
6. What’s the biggest challenge with color?
Self dyed hair! Color that has been build up after build up. To solve this color problem is a specialty, I have followed many courses to become a color specialist to be able to also solve color problems.
7. What is the most important thing about hair coloring?
I think it is most important that the color suits my client.
8. How do you find inspiration today?
Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest.
9.Which products can we always find in your kit?
I can't do without toners, this really completes the color.